Specialty Coffee Association
SCAA Laboratory Inspector Code of Conduct
Please carefully read the SCAA Laboratory Inspector Code of Conduct set forth below.
Make sure you create a profile at SCAA.org under the Log In tab so that your completion of this form is noted on your educational profile.
Completion of this form is a requirement of the certificate program.
If you should have any questions please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The laboratory certification program of the Specialty Coffee Association of
America (“SCAA”) is designed to promote and protect the specialty coffee
industry. Credentialed Laboratory Inspectors are a key part of maintaining the
integrity and validity of this program.
As a Credentialed SCAA Laboratory Inspector, I agree to:
Support the mission of SCAA to recognize, develop, and promote specialty coffee.
1. At all times protect the integrity, validity and reputation of the laboratory
certification program of the SCAA.
2. Only conduct laboratory inspections while my SCAA Credential is in good
3. Represent SCAA with exemplary customer service, respectful language, and overall professional decorum.
4. Be a fair, impartial and accurate inspector.
5. Safeguard the confidentiality of inspection results and other information
given to me by laboratory candidates and others involved in the inspection
process and not use any such information for my personal benefit or the benefit of my company.
6. Not make any recommendations other than those specified in the applicable SCAA standards and program requirements.
7. Not represent that a satisfactory inspection will confer automatic certification or make any other representation that would exceed my authority.
8. Not solicit inspection assignments from any laboratory, understanding that
my assignments will originate solely from SCAA.
9. Not accept gifts from any candidate laboratory, except when such a refusal would cause offense in the local culture, in which case such gifts shall not exceed a value of $50 USD and shall be reported to the SCAA.
10. Not represent conflicting or competing interests, nor place myself in a position where my personal, professional, or business interest may be in conflict, or appear to be in conflict, with the purposes and fair, unbiased administration of the certification programs of SCAA, and notify the SCAA if this situation changes. Without limiting the preceding sentence, not serve as the laboratory inspector of any of the following:
--My own company or any of its affiliates;
--A customer or competitor of my company;
--A company in which I have a financial interest;
--Any laboratory with which I have had or anticipate having a consulting or other fee or profit-generating arrangement for the 12 month periods before and after my inspection.
Furthermore, I pledge that as a Credentialed Inspector, I will endeavor to aid the advancement of SCAA, as is serves to encourage the specialty coffee industry to improve quality, productivity, and overall performance through certification of laboratory standards.
By checking the box below, I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to this Code of Conduct.
CLICK HERE to indicate you will comply with and are in agreement with the statements set forth above.
Do Not Fill This Out