SCAA Instructor Code of Conduct
Please carefully read the SCAA Instructor Code of Conduct set forth below.
Completion of this form is a requirement of the certificate program.
Make sure you create a profile at SCAA.org under the Log In tab so that your completion of this form is noted on your educational profile.
If you should have any questions please contact, email@example.com.
The education and certification programs of the Specialty Coffee Association of America (“SCAA”) are designed to help participants recognize, develop and promote specialty coffee. Instructors are a key part of maintaining the integrity and validity of SCAA programs.
As a SCAA certified Instructor I agree to:
1. At all times protect the integrity, validity, and reputation of the education and certification programs of SCAA.
2. Conduct myself professionally both within and without the classroom and competition hall, with truth, accuracy, fairness, and responsibility to learners, certification candidates, the specialty coffee industry and the community in which I work.
3. Safeguard the confidentiality of test results and other information given to me by students, credential candidates and others involved in the judging, examination and administration of classes and certifications.
4. Without limiting the preceding paragraph, not disclose the contents of any test form or offer private test coaching, and I will keep all examiner deliberations in the strictest confidence.
5. Not intentionally communicate false or misleading information that may compromise the integrity or reputation of SCAA or its education and certification programs.
6. Not represent conflicting or competing interests, nor place myself in such a position where my personal, professional, or business interest may be in conflict, or appear to be in conflict, with the purposes and fair, unbiased administration of the education and certification programs of the SCAA. Without limiting the preceding sentence, not serve as the Credentialed Examiner of any of the following:
o Members of my own company;
o A primary customer of my company;
o A company in which I have a financial interest;
o A wholesale supplier with which I or my company works;
o Any party with which I anticipate a consulting or other fee or profit-generating arrangement.
Furthermore, I pledge that as a SCAA Instructor, I will endeavor to aid the professional development and advancement of the SCAA, as it serves to encourage the specialty coffee industry to improve quality, productivity, and overall performance through certification of quality standards and performance.
CLICK HERE to indicate you will comply with and are in agreement with the statements set forth above.
Do Not Fill This Out