Specialty Coffee Association
Roaster Code of Conduct
Please carefully read the Roaster Code of Conduct set forth below.
Completion of this form is a requirement of the certificate program.
Make sure you create a profile at SCAA.org under the Log In tab so that your completion of this form is noted on your educational profile.
If you should have any questions please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a certified Roaster, I pledge to . . .
1. Promote specialty coffee, provide my peers and customers with coffee education, and work towards the professional advancement of all coffee roasters.
2. Conduct my business in a manner that would bring honor and prestige to all coffee roasters.
3. Treat my suppliers fairly, professionally, and with the respect that coffee professionals deserve.
4. Meet the professional expectations placed on my business by government agencies, my customers, my suppliers, the Roasters Guild, and the Specialty Coffee Association of America.
5. Be true to the coffee product, always labeling the coffee origins accurately, and striving to maintain the coffee’s integrity and purity.
6. Not criticize another coffee professional or business in a malicious manner, to harm the business or person, their professional reputation, or personal identity.
7. Provide the greatest safety to my employees, the community and myself.
8. Represent myself to the industry and the community honestly and truthfully, acknowledging that misrepresentation will bring discredit upon my employer/company, the Roasters Guild, the coffee roasting profession and myself.
Additionally, I understand that by completing the curriculum for this Pathway and passing the exam(s), I will receive an assessment-based certificate, not a specific job certification. By passing the exams, I have met the SCAA’s job-related competencies and educational standards that represent industry best practices, protocols, and standards as defined by SCAA.
Violations of the Roaster's Code of Conduct
Individuals who violate their pledge to follow, obey, and uphold the ideals of the Roaster's Code of Conduct may face disciplinary action within the Roaster Guild.
I have read the above Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it. My agreement is indicated by the checking of the box below.
CLICK HERE to indicate you will comply with and are in agreement with the statements set forth above.
Do Not Fill This Out