Barista Code of Conduct
Please carefully read the Barista Code of Conduct set forth below.
Completion of this form is a requirement of the certificate program.
Make sure you create a profile at SCAA.org under the Log In tab so that your completion of this form is noted on your educational profile.
If you should have any questions please contact, email@example.com.
As a certified Barista, I pledge to . . .
1. Promote specialty coffee, provide my peers and customers with coffee education, and work towards the professional advancement of all baristas.
2. Conduct my business in a manner that would bring honor and prestige to all baristas.
3. Treat my suppliers fairly, professionally, and with the respect that coffee professionals deserve.
4. Meet the professional expectations placed on my business by government agencies, my customers, my suppliers, the Barista Guild, and the Specialty Coffee Association of America.
5. Be true to the coffee product, always labeling the coffee origins accurately, and striving to maintain the coffee’s integrity and purity.
6. Not criticize another coffee professional or business in a malicious manner to harm the business or person, their professional reputation, or personal identity.
7. Perform my duties with the greatest safety to my fellow employees, the community and myself.
8. Represent myself to the industry and the community honestly and truthfully, acknowledging that misrepresentation will bring discredit upon my employer/company, the Barista Guild, the barista profession and myself.
Additionally, I understand that by completing the curriculum for this Pathway and passing the exam(s), I will receive an assessment-based certificate, not a specific job certification. By passing the exams, I have met the SCAA’s job-related competencies and educational standards that represent industry best practices, protocols, and standards as defined by SCAA.
Violations of the Barista Code of Conduct
Individuals who violate their pledge to follow, obey, and uphold the ideals of the Barista Code of Conduct may face disciplinary action within the Barista Guild.
I have read the above Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it. My agreement is indicated by the checking of the box below.
CLICK HERE to indicate you will comply with and are in agreement with the statements set forth above.
Do Not Fill This Out